Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Inspiration!


As I sit here updating my blog and Braxton is in the room with me saying "mommy I want to watch Thomas" while pushing this toy that just keeps beeping and saying tractor, tractor I smile. Days are harder than others and sometimes I come home from a hard days work wishing I could just crawl into bed and sleep till morning. Then I get to the daycare and pick up that blonde hair bright blue eye little boy that yells "mommy" then the last thing on my mind is to go home and sleep. I love the fact that he's so happy to see me in the afternoons or if Rusty picks him up how he is staring out the window when I pull up in the driveway or how he greets me at the door. Braxton has brought so much joy to my life and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think God for him or my life. I have a husband that yes can be a pain sometimes and be a typical husband and then majority of the time he's the most wonderful person in the world. I wouldn't trade him or Braxton for anything. I found a blog last night about a Godly woman named Angie Smith and her family and especially her daughter Audrey Caroline Smith "Bring the Rain". As I sat here and cried and thanked God for blessing me with a healthy little boy I'm just amazed at this woman. She had 2 1/2 hrs with her daughter and then Audrey went home to be with the lord. To read her story is just such an inspiration. So God as I sit here tonight and type about "my life" Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Thank you for my life for my healthy little boy and my husband. Another blog I have gotten into reading is the Mikkelson family Adam and Chandler. Chandler struggles with fertility and to see her so strong is so amazing. When Rusty and I were having fertility problems and couldn't get pregnant my faith in God wasn't that strong. God showed me very quickly when I was asking why, why me what he had in plan for us. One night as I sat here reading Chandlers blog about the adoption and how Chandler prayed for the birthmom to keep the baby because that is what Chandler felt like was the right thing I was just amazed. When Braxtons birthmother would do something and I would get in my mind that she was going to change her mind I got angry and Chandler just got stronger with God. I don't know if she is like me and reads other blogs from peoples pages but Chandler Mikkelson if you ever do read this blog I just want you to know you have inspired me to put my faith more in God. I wish you and Adam the best of luck and pray for the both of you every night. God Bless you both!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patterson family! You have such a wonderful story. Braxton is such a cutie! I look forward to seeing more pictures!!
    Sara Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say thank you so much for your prayers. When I read your blog tears just formed in my eyes because I just couldn't believe that God was using our story to inspire others. I'm humbled and grateful. I look forward to keeping up with your blog and seeing how the Lord will continue to write your story. Braxton is SO CUTE!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete